More than just good physio.
At The Physiotherapy Centre we pride ourselves on the provision of high quality, professional health care. Whether you are needing treatment for a recent injury or chronic pain, or are seeking assistance in managing other health conditions such as diabetes or arthritis, our team can help you.
Click on the health services below for information and bookings, and make sure to check out our 'health services' menu above to find out even more about the broad range of health services available to you!
Physiotherapy helps to optimize functional ability by using a variety of techniques to help your muscles and joints work to their full potential. It can help repair damage following injury by speeding up the healing process and reducing pain and stiffness. Physiotherapists play an important role in maintaining optimal physical conditioning through every phase of life.
Services provided by the physiotherapy centre include:
- Work and sports injury management
- Neck & back pain, headaches
- Post Operative rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor and continence treatment
- Functional Capacity Assessment and Workplace Task Analysis
- Veterans Affairs
- Home Visits
- Diabetes management
- Lymphoedema management
Exercise Physiology is the use of exercise to assess, manage and treat healthy people and those with a medical conditions (particularly chronic illness). Through provision of safe effective exercise and lifestyle programs, and behavior change support, it can be used to:
- Manage chronic illness (such as high blood pressure or cholesterol, cardiovascular and respiratory disease, pre-diabetes or type 2 diabetes)
- Enhance weight loss
- Prevent injury
- Rehabilitate chronic pain
- Improve fitness and general well-being
Group Exercise Classes
Tue: 10.00 am - 11.00 pm
Thu: 10.00 am - 11.00 am *The Physio Centre, Warwick
Chronic Disease Exercise Classes NEW!
Mon: 10.30 am - 11.30 am
Fri: 10.30 am - 11.30 am *The Physio Centre, Warwick
Wed: 9.00 am - 10. 00am * Stanthorpe CDS
Occupational Therapy focuses on enabling people across the lifespan to participate in necessary activities of daily living (eg. Self-care, household activities), work, recreational activities and play. People who are having difficulty due to injury, illness, developmental problems, disability or processes of ageing may benefit from occupational therapy. Interventions aim to promote increased independence, participation and well-being.
- Assessment of physical, emotional, developmental, functional and psychological capabilities
- Modification of environments or provision of equipment to enable better access, function and independence across a broad range of settings
- Prescription and fitting of specialized equipment such as wheelchairs, rails and other daily living aids
- Providing health education and promotion programs
- Assisting children with disabilities or developmental delay to better participate and integrate with their environments and achieve their learning potential
- Rehabilitation and management of chronic long term condittions such as Arthritis, MS, Stroke
- Falls prevention programs
- Driving Assessments
Speech Pathology Communication is the human connection! Speech Pathology can assist people with a wide range of communication issues right across the lifespan. Whether it’s helping kids with speaking, listening and writing, or working with older adults who have swallowing or communication concerns, our “Speechies” are an essential part of our Allied Health team who are ‘with you for life!
Psychology is part of life. It influences the way we think about everything from education and intelligence to relationships and emotions. Our psychologists are highly trained individuals who work with and help people across all age groups to learn how to build resilience, address mental health conditions and more effectively deal with and problem solve life’s challenges. With various funding assistance options available such as NDIS and Mental Health Care Plans (available from your GP), this is an accessible service for all!
Massage, though often seen as indulgent luxury, is an effective way of improving and maintaining general physical health. Remedial massage can improve general physical condition and strengthen the body’s immune system, creating overall strength and vitality. The direct effects of massage are to flush out tissues, increase blood circulation and make joints and muscles more flexible. Massage also assists in eliminating toxins, relieving muscular aches and reducing stress and tension. Acupressure massage has a reflexive effect on the nervous functions, helping the nervous system to reach equilibrium.
Monday: 10.00am – 6.30pm
Wednesday: 9.00am – 5.00pm
Friday: 9.00am -5.00pm